VPA Study Awards
The Victorian Principals Association (VPA) Study Awards for 2017 Are Now Open…
The VPA has a long standing tradition of supporting members in practical ways and facilitating their continuing development. The provision of high quality Professional Learning continues to be an important priority for the VPA and the VPA Study Awards Program* is a significant means by which the Association delivers development opportunities for members. The VPA receives very positive feedback from members who have availed themselves of this Program.
Consistent with the VPA priority areas for action in 2017, the Study Awards Program topics are:
1. Developing Others – Building Capacity, Sponsored by Woods Furniture
2. Principal Health and Wellbeing, Sponsored by Teachers Health
3. Promoting School and Community Links, Sponsored by Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank
4. Building Positive and Respectful Relationships, Sponsored by Frontier Financial Group
The VPA would like to acknowledge the generous financial support provided by our four Award Sponsor Partners for the 2017 Study Awards Program:
*To be eligible for the 2017 VPA Study Awards you must be a Full Member of the VPA. Principals and Assistant Principals are encouraged to apply.
Members with queries regarding the VPA Study Awards Program, including requests for assistance with applications, are asked to direct their queries to:
Cheryle Osbourne -
Deborah Grossek -
Submit your application with the VPA office by the closing date – Friday 21 July 2017.
Preferably by email to Kristen Skinner email@example.com
1. Successful recipients will be required to sign a Letter of Agreement in regard to the use of the Study Award funds.
2. The recipient must be in attendance at the VPA Annual Conference and Awards Dinner on 17th August 2017 to receive the Award.
3. Within three (3) months of the completion of the project, the successful applicant will be required to provide a report on the outcomes of the project. This will be available on the website for reference. Successful applicants must present their final report to a VPA State Council session. Information gained must be made available to VPA members and relevant sponsors.
4. Recipients will receive a first payment of $4000 at the start of their project and the final $1000 will be paid after the presentation of their final report to VPA State Council.
5. Applicants are advised that there is no extension possible to the funding arrangements, leave conditions or time limits specified in the Award conditions.
6. Any travel arrangements are the responsibility of the individual and will need to comply with the Department of Education and Training’s travel policy. The VPA will support you through this process. Please note that any teacher replacement costs for all Awards are the responsibility of the school.
7. The VPA reserves the right to withdraw the award, if in the opinion of the Panel there is no application of sufficient merit.